Protection of personal data
Your privacy is very important for AVR bv, and we are aware that you place your trust in us. We take good care of the personal information that you provide to us and we will keep it confidential.
In addition, there also apply a liability disclaimer statement and a statement on copyright.
Purpose of the data processing:
If you register for an event or request a publication via this website (opt-in), we ask for your personal data in order to be able to properly deal with your request. These data are recorded in a file of AVR bv, Meensesteenweg 545 – 8800 Roeselare and can also be used in order to keep you informed of our actions. If you do not want this, please let us know here.
Article 1 – General
- AVR bv complies with the “Act of 8 December 1992 on the protection of privacy in relation to the processing of personal data”, as amended by the Act of 11 December 1998, as well as with the anti-spam provisions from Book XII of the Economic Law Code on the “law of the electronic economy”.
- The controller of your personal data is AVR bv.
Article 2 – Personal Data
- Personal data that you communicate to us:
- Category 1, without registration: your IP address, the visited pages, the search terms used on our site, the type and version of the navigation system used;
- Category 2: your profile name, (encrypted) password, e-mail address, login data (and possibly the logo of the company, if you are a dealer);
- Category 3: upon registration: when signing up for our newsletter: your e-mail address, language, country, sector;
- Category 5: your address and contact information and VAT number on the occasion of making an offer or order/
2. AVR bv can gather (personal) data on you in various ways:
- during your registration and use of the Website.
Article 3 – Purposes of the processing
3.1. General purposes:
AVR bv will use the Personal Data gathered from you exclusively for the following purposes:
- Category 1: tending to and improving this Website and incorporating Personal Data into anonymous statistics, from which the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be determined, with as legal basis the legitimate interests of AVR bv to continuously improve its Website and its provision of services;
- Category 2: the management of your account on this Website with a view to the use of our AVR bv website, with as legal basis the execution of an agreement that was requested by you, and, if indicated by you, also the sending of direct marketing materials, with as legal basis your prior explicit consent;
- Category 3: sending you direct marketing materials, newsletters, actions and promotions, with as legal basis your prior explicit consent;
- Category 5: the delivery and invoicing of products ordered by you, with as legal basis the provision of a service that was requested by you.
You are not obliged to release your Personal Data, but you understand that the granting of certain services becomes impossible if you refuse the processing.
3.2. Direct marketing:
The personal data will also be used for direct marketing, provided that you have given an additional explicit consent for this (“opt-in”).
If you are already on our mailing list for receiving marketing materials in paper and/or electronic form, AVR bv can use your data for sending marketing and other materials relating to AVR bv, its products and/or services. AVR bv can use the data provided by you for updating documents stored by AVR bv.
This consent can be withdrawn at any time, without the obligation to give a justification and free of charge, by e.g. clicking on the unsubscribe link furnished for this purpose at the bottom of every promotional e-mail message.
3.3. Transfer to third parties:
In the event of complete or partial reorganisation or transfer of activities of AVR bv, whereby it reorganises, transfers or discontinues its business activities, or if AVR vbgoes bankrupt, this can mean that your data are transferred to new entities or third parties by means of which the business activities of AVR bv are wholly or partially conducted.
AVR bv will make reasonable efforts to inform you in advance of the fact that AVR bv is disclosing your data to the named third party, but you also acknowledge that this is not technically or commercially feasible under all circumstances.
AVR bv will not sell, rent out, share or otherwise commercially make available your personal data to third parties, except as described above or unless with your prior consent.
3.4. Legal requirements:
In rare cases it can happen that AVR bv must disclose your Personal Data under a court order or in order to comply with other compulsory laws or regulations. AVR bv will make reasonable efforts to inform you about this in advance, unless subject to legal restrictions.
Article 4 – Duration of the processing
The personal data are stored and processed by us for a period that is necessary depending on the purposes of the processing and as a function of the contractual relationship between AVR bv and you.
Article 5 – Your rights
5.1. Right of access and inspection:
You are entitled at all times to take cognisance, free of charge, of your personal data as well as of the use that we make of them.
5.2. Right of correction, deletion and restriction:
You are free to communicate or not your personal data to AVR bv. In addition, you always have the right to ask us to correct, supplement or delete your personal data. You acknowledge that, in case of refusal to communicate or request to delete personal data, it may not be possible to deliver certain services and products.
You may also ask to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
5.3. Right of opposition:
You also have a right to oppose the processing of your personal data for serious and legitimate reasons.
In addition, you always have the right to oppose the use of personal data for direct marketing purposes; in such a case you do not have to give any reasons.
5.4. Right of free data transfer:
You have the right to obtain your Personal Data which are processed by us in structured, common and machine-readable form and/or to transfer them to other controllers.
5.5. Right to withdraw consent:
In so far as the processing is based on your prior consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent.
5.6. Exercising your rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us for this purpose, either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by post to AVR bv, Meensesteenweg 545, 8800 Roeselare or by making use of the “Contact” link on the Website, subject to joining a copy of your identity card.
5.7. Automatic decisions and profiling:
The processing of your Personal Data does not include any profiling, nor will you be subject by us to automated decisions.
5.8. Right to file a complaint:
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian Privacy Commission: Commission for the Protection of Privacy, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, Fax +32 (0)2 274 48 35, e-mail: email@example.com.
This does not preclude the possibility of an action before a civil court.
Should you suffer harm as a result of the processing of your personal data, you can file a damages claim.
Article 6 – Security and confidentiality
6.1. We have developed security measures that, on the technical and organisational levels, are appropriate for preventing the destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorised access or accidental disclosure to third parties of personal data as well as any other unauthorised processing of these data.
6.2. Under no circumstances can AVR bv be held liable for any direct or indirect damage deriving from an erroneous or wrongful use of the personal data by a third party.
6.3. You must comply with the security rules at all times, including by preventing any unauthorised access to your login and code. You are thus solely responsible for the use that is made as of the Website from your computer, IP address and from your identification data, as well as for the confidentiality thereof.
Article 7 – Access by third parties
- In order to be able to process your personal data, we grant access to your personal data to our employees.
Article 8 - Liability disclaimer statement
- With this website, AVR bv seeks to improve the public’s access to information on its initiatives and activities. It is the intention to keep this information up to date and correct. If our attention is drawn to inaccuracies, we will attempt to correct them. However, AVR bv can accept absolutely no responsibility or liability for the information provided on this site.
- This information is:
Exclusively general in nature and is not addressed to the specific circumstances of any person or entity;
Not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
Sometimes linked to external sites over which the services of AVR bv have no control and for which AVR bv bears no responsibility;
Not professional advice (for specific advice you must always consult an expert from AVR bv who is appropriate for this).
- We strive as much as possible to prevent interruptions due to technical malfunctions. Nevertheless, some data or information on our site can be created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free; we cannot guarantee that our service will not experience any interruption or cannot otherwise be influenced by such problems.
- AVR bv rejects all liability for these problems that might occur as a result of the use of this site or of other external sites associated with it.
With this exclusion of liability it is not intended to limit the liability of AVR bv contrary to the requirements contained in the applicable national legislation, nor to exclude its liability for matters that may not be excluded under this legislation.
Legal message regarding website
The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer, a copyright statement and rules regarding the protection of personal data.
AVR bv maintains this website to enhance public access to information on its initiatives and activities. The goal is to keep this information up to date and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. However, AVR bv cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the information provided on this site.
This information is:
Of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
Not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to dat;
Sometimes linked to external sites over which AVR bv has no control and for which AVR bv bears no responsibility;
Not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional at AVR bv).
It is our goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free. We cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. AVR bv accepts no liability with regard to such problems that may arise as a result of the use of this site or any linked external sites.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit AVR bv’s liability in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law, nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
© AVR bv
Except where otherwise stated, reproduction is authorised provided the source is acknowledged. If prior consent is required for the reproduction or the use of text fragments or multimedia information (sound, pictures, software, etc.), the aforementioned general consent is lifted and restrictions of use shall be clearly indicated.